Currently seeking Military Technical Writer whose primary functions are to develop operation & maintenance data and operator instructions.
- Develop/update Operator’s and Operation & Maintenance Manuals (O&M)s, Parts Catalogs, Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB)s, Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRC)s and COTS documents IAW Military Standards/Specifications, and contribute to Proposal efforts, as needed.
- Participate in ILS reviews with the Customer and Program Management.
- Review in-house & Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) documentation for technical accuracy.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret TM requirements in Specs and SOWS.
- Acquire subject knowledge by interviewing engineers and research scientists, observing study methodologies, and referring to technical specifications, engineering drawings, and trade journals.
- Create graphics for inclusion in the technical documentation.
- Review and prepare Contract Deliverables Requirements List (CDRLs) documents for official delivery to the government customer.
Education and Experience:
- Education and Experience Desired: Preferred candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing and at least five years of experience Military technical writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Military Specs/Standards and the ability to implement such specs/stds.
- Ability to grow into a future leadership role including cost account management.
- Must have extensive MS Office product experience (must be a Power User).
- Arbortext experience, helpful.
- Prefer 8+ years Autocad (or similar) experience.
- This position requires an active Department of Defense security clearance. Candidates who do not currently have an active Department of Defense clearance may apply, but must obtain an Interim security clearance prior to start date.
- Must have the ability to learn in a very fast paced environment.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42728
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.