POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Metrology Dept. Manager, perform inspection and production support activities utilizing advanced measuring equipment and techniques.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities)
- At direction of Lead Metrology Technician or Metrology Dept. Manager, perform dimensional inspection and/or fabrication support measurements using available and applicable equipment and software:
- FARO ARM
- DEA Delta Coordinate Measuring Machine
- FARO Laser Tracker
- Sokkia Total Station / Laser Scanner
- CAM2 Measure10 or OpenDMIS software
- Develop inspection plans and procedures based on requirements for inspection and/or production support and convey information to other Technicians.
- Write reports, memos, logs, and data files to record and store measurement data for future reference or for reporting to customer.
- Work with Lead Technician in identifying, segregating, and tagging non-conforming materials; and work to identify inadequacies to procedure / process to avoid similar future non-conforming work.
- Working with Lead Technician, provide input to production and production support to increase efficiency of processes, identifying areas of improvement or areas of over utilization of resources.
- Assist other Technicians with inspection / fabrication support activities as needed / requested.
- Providing training and guidance to Level 1 Technicians.
The position operates within general parameters, following direction in priorities, goals and work assignments, methods, procedures and techniques used to successfully complete task(s) at hand. Is encouraged to provide feedback, input, and advice based on experience.
The individual interacts with various levels in the company and may have limited interaction with customers and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in fabrication or machining.
- Previous inspection experience, preferably with coordinate measuring machines (CMM, Arm, laser tracker, etc.)
- Proficient reading and understanding of drawings / blueprints.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experienced with 3D geometry / CAD or solid modeling, CNC programming, etc.
- Knowledge of trigonometric functions and XYZ coordinate systems.
- Ability to focus on problem resolution, flexibility, listen and respond in a manner to convey data clearly and informatively.Demonstrate accuracy and apply feedback to improve performance, as well as complete work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required. Prefer some secondary education.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be able to walk to and from job sites. Must be able to climb inclined stairways and vertical ladders; to enter confined areas and tanks; to work at heights. Must be able to frequently bend, squat, crawl, twist and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. May be required to work more than 8-hour shifts and weekend work. There may be local travel and out-of-town travel (including air travel) up to 5% of the time with notice.
Work is conducted in a dynamic, fast-paced setting with moderate to loud noise levels from production activity in the shipyard or fabrication areas. 10% normal office environment; 90% of time spent in production areas either in shipyard and aboard ships, or in fabrication bays (indoors and outdoors).
Travel to other facility locations.
While in production areas will be exposed to all weather conditions, noise, dusts and odors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42248
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.