- Under direct oversight, reads, connects and disconnects water meters and self-contained electric meters, operates Itron meter reading system including hand held devices, removes dirt and water from meter boxes, performs general repair of meter box lids, wires and batteries, detects and reports theft/tampered services, installs and replaces water, reclaim water, self-contained electric meters and services.
- Solves routine or recurring problems and identifies and suggests solutions to more complex problems. Completed work is evaluated for technical accuracy and compliance with established procedures and practices.
- Regular contact with individuals in other work groups and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts or information.
- Investigates and reports abnormal service conditions.
- Conducts and documents field investigations and communicates findings to internal and external customers.
- Performs field checks and reports necessary corrections for crossed meters and other meter related record defects.
- Connects and disconnects self-contained electric, water and reclaim water services at the meter or other applicable locations.
- Repairs or replaces ancillary meter related equipment, including adjacent piping, meter boxes, meter bases and other infrastructure.
- Removes, installs, repairs and replaces self-contained electric, water, and reclaim water meters and services.
- Reads and interprets meter reading data from a variety of sources, enters required data into applicable devices or systems, notes irregularities pertaining to services, such as dead meters, illegal use of electricity or water, incorrect rates and unsafe or illegal installations and reports findings to proper departments.
- Verifies and documents meter locations, crossed meters, and meter numbers for billing purposes.
- Reads and verifies RF meters from specially designed equipment.
- Cleans and digs out water meter boxes.
- Responds to customer inquiries and resolves meter-related problems.
- Locates and documents possible meter tampering, diversion, and theft of electric, water, wastewater, and reclaim water services.
- Works in inclement weather unless excused by their supervisor.
- Performs other job-related work as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43568
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.