- Responsible for prioritizing, tracking and monitoring all material loaded to packages and inform Ship’s Management and Trade Supervision of any changes that may cause an impact to scheduled work.
- Coordinates with receiving, warehousing, and NASSCO fabrication shops to mitigate any schedule impact problems as a result of late material.
- Coordinates the shipping of material to both on-site and off-site locations.
- Maintains inventory of raw stock via computer files and manual logs.
- Orders requested materials via shop order cards, MWR’s and IDM’s
- Investigates misplaced and damaged material and reprocesses necessary paperwork.
- Deals directly with vendors, suppliers, and sub-contractors to resolve material issues and expedite delivery to maintain schedule.
- Monitor and assist in the collection and transportation of Hazardous Materials.
- Coordinates vehicle support for material and personnel movement.
- Responsible for ensuring daily up-keep and maintenance of Repair vehicles.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Typically has a High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one (1) years’ experience in material handling processes.*RL*
- Good reading and writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computerized material systems, material flow, ordering, expediting, and basic Shipbuilding techniques is required.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Maintain DOT HAZMAT certification for shipping and receiving
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41872
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.