- Seeking shipboard alteration installers for fleet modernization.
- The selected candidate will be supporting our Systems Integrations department working on active class submarines building, installing and repairing fiber optic connectors to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization on various contracts such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Space & Naval Warfare Systems Command and Naval Surface Warfare Center.
- Selected candidate will be required to travel to shipyards and military bases located around or out of the country when not assigned to a local task.
- Master understanding of production and processes.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others.
- May provide direction and lead others.
- May manages one or more multiple jobs.
- Completes comprehension of specialty trades functions and tools.
- Performs a variety of complicated and non routine tasks.
- Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
- Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management.
- May perform quality inspections on finished product.
- Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
- Ability to provide direction and lead others.
- Ability to manage, oversee, schedule and assign tasks to one or more multiple jobs.
- Applies complete comprehension of specialty trades functions and tools.
- Ability to develop technical documents, customer briefings and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform quality inspections and internal with external, internal customers and senior management.
- HS education or Trade School + 6 years of related experience.
- Prefer technical/professional certifications.
- Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes.
- The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels.
- May ride ships at sea for extended periods.
- May require wearing a respirator.
- Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
- Candidates that also hold a NAVSEA STD 009-073 Multi-pin Copper certification are desired.
- Prior AIT or active duty experience on current active class submarines is preferred.
- A NAVSEA STD 009-123 Fiber Optic Certification
- Must have experience building, installing and/or repairing fiber optic connectors.
- Must have an active DOD Interim-Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DBIDS/CAC badge.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41338
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.