- Marine pipefitters are assigned to remove, repair, target, layout, fabricate, install and test marine piping systems onboard ships in various stages of repair and modernization.
- Installs different types of sizes of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Repair and replacement of ships’ piping systems such as auxiliary salt water, fire main, potable water, hydraulic, compressed air, fuel oil, lube oil, engine exhaust, and more.
- Necessary fabrication abilities include the use of various shop equipment such as table saws, pipe threading machines, bending machines (power as well as hand operated), drill presses and brazing equipment.
- Bends, cuts, threads, shapes, fabricates, and installs pipe according to job specifications.
- Conducts pressure test of piping installations. Checks and adjusts controls, gauges, and valves to achieve control of flow or pressure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 5+ years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a pipefitter.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Experience fitting carbon steel, stainless steel, and copper nickel pipe.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE may include hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43016
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.