Candidates must have 3-5 years’ experience working on Navy electrical systems, be DBIDS elegible and pass pre-employment drug screening.
Electrician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess and use hand tools as required to perform electrical tasks:
- Screwdriver (flat tip, & Phillips)
- Pliers (diagonal, Needle Nose, Linesmen, Channel-Lock)
- Wire Stripper & Knife
- Lug Crimpers (stakons)
- Tape Measurer/Ruler
- 3/8” Socket Set
- Voltage Tester
- Banding Tool
- Perform and supervise the removal and installation of various electrical system components IAW drawings:
- Overhead lights
- Distribution Panels
- 1 MC Speakers
- Remove, install, inspect, repair, replace, troubleshoot, and test electrical equipment.
- MTR Controllers
- Interior Communication Systems
- Distribution Systems
- Take and read measurements
- Insulation resistance – using a 500 volt megger
- Amps – using a clamp-on amp meter
- Volts – using a volt meter
- RPMs – using a strobe tach or hand-held tach
- Prep, tie-in, and connect cables to switchboards and load centers.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and seek assistance with weights over 50 pounds.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Able to withstand environmental factors such as:
- Outside weather conditions
- High, precarious places
- Exposed to fumes and airborne particles
- Very loud noise level
- Required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms on a regular basis.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and seek assistance with weights over 50 lbs.
- Occasionally perform other physical activities as required, such as:
- Climbing (including but not limited to, vertical and incline ladders, masts, and kingposts)
- Crawling (including but not limited to, through scuttles, manhole covers, tanks, and voids.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41663
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.