- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, cable, equipment, and systems.
- Inspect and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Work from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Place conduit, pipes or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Examines electrical system of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures using testing devices like ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes to confirm compatibility and safety of system.
- Diagnoses faulty systems, apparatus or parts using equipment and hand tools to find the reason for a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 5+ years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a Marine Electrician.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must be able to use all electrical test equipment.
- Basic math skills and ability to use hand and power tools required.
- Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
- Ability to comprehend complex mechanical drawings and blueprints
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to pass a life-time background check.
- Must have your own reliable transportation.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42844
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.