AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Competent in marine electrical installation.
- Experienced with good quality level of termination skills.
- Experienced with good level of commissioned skills.
- Ability to work from detailed Electrical and Mechanical drawings and instructions.
- Works with a sense of urgency, efficiency and productive out put.
- Assist in the provision of on the job training in conjunction with Supervisors.
- Maintains safe work practices and adheres to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet goals.
- Enhance and encourage skill development of all staff.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be responsible for assuring the quality of the employee’s own work.
- Must keep impeccable time keeping and absentee records.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to appropriate Supervisor/Foreman/manager
- Ability to plan and set time frames on jobs with accuracy.
- Actively plan and implement production improvements.
- Ensure correct construction procedures are adhered to in compliance with Austal standards.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years of experience in AC/DC installations required
- Proficient with electrical systems including but not limited to machinery shutdown / navigational communications / internal communications / PLC Systems.
- Experienced level of termination skills of AC/DC and control systems.
- Sound knowledge in the installation of cabling systems to meet marine class society, Navy and Coast Guard regulations.
- Interpretations of electrical schematics and documentation.
- Formal Electrical training through an apprenticeship or comparable program is preferred
- Shipbuilding experience is preferred
- Knowledge of commissioning AC/DC and control systems is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required or two years maritime experience
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in the use of all trade related power tools, testing equipment.
- Able to train workforce on safe use of all power and hand tools and testing equipment.
- Supply own trade tools to be able to maintain productive output and perform 1st class electrical duties.
In conjunction with the Supervisor shall assist in training, assistants and Apprentices on own crew.
Adheres to schedule and meets goals as set by Supervisor while maintaining productive output.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42056
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.