AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Competent in marine electrical installation.
- Experienced with good quality level of termination skills.
- Experienced with good level of commissioned skills.
- Ability to work from detailed Electrical and Mechanical drawings and instructions.
- Works with a sense of urgency, efficiency and productive out put.
- Assist in the provision of on the job training in conjunction with Supervisors.
- Maintains safe work practices and adheres to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet goals.
- Enhance and encourage skill development of all staff.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be responsible for assuring the quality of the employee’s own work.
- Must keep impeccable time keeping and absentee records.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to appropriate Supervisor/Foreman/manager.
- Ability to plan and set time frames on jobs with accuracy.
- Actively plan and implement production improvements.
- Ensure correct construction procedures are adhered to.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
**Advanced Aluminum MIG Welding experience is required.**
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years of experience in AC/DC installations required.
- Proficient with electrical systems including but not limited to machinery shutdown / navigational communications / internal communications / PLC Systems.
- Experienced level of termination skills of AC/DC and control systems.
- Sound knowledge in the installation of cabling systems to meet marine class society, Navy and Coast Guard regulations.
- Interpretations of electrical schematics and documentation.
- Formal Electrical training through an apprenticeship or comparable program is preferred.
- Shipbuilding experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of commissioning AC/DC and control systems is preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required or two years maritime experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in the use of all trade related power tools, testing equipment.
- Able to train workforce on safe use of all power and hand tools and testing equipment.
- Supply own trade tools to be able to maintain productive output and perform 1st class electrical duties.
- In conjunction with the Supervisor shall assist in training, assistants and Apprentices on own crew.
- Adheres to schedule and meets goals as set by Supervisor while maintaining productive output.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41403
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer