- Coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, document control, integration and completion of engineering designs within area.
- Create Auto-Cad structural ship-fitter and sheet metal shop fabrication and installation drawings from provided Navy blue prints and customer sketches.
- Ensure all created drawings comply with U.S. Navy / ABS fabrication and installation regulatory standards.
- Create turret punch and plasma table c.n.c programs. To be taught O.J.T if required.
- Provide material take-offs and requisitions for purchasing when required.
- Responses to customer, shipyard, installation and shop personnel technical problems, inquiries, and changes.
- Available for occasional travel, possibly to other countries.
- Shipyard Experience.
- Sheet metal or structural shop fabrication.
- 2 years additional drafting and design experience.
- Requires ability to work well with others as well as alone.
- Good communication skills and aptitude with customer relations required.
- Requires competent abilities in basic arithmetic.
- Capable of working with fractions / decimals / metrics.
- Some geometric formula capabilities are required.
- Be capable interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions and regulatory procedures.
- Define and resolve fabrication and installation problems as they occur.
- Competent Auto-Cad experience required.
- Micro-Soft Word and Excel basic knowledge required.
- Specific fabrication software will be taught OJT.
- The job requires sight, ability to hear and speak English.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close, Distant, Peripheral, Depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Corrected vision safety glasses are allowed, contacts are not due to industrial welding safety hazards.
- Occasionally employee will be required to stand, walk, crawl, and climb aboard ships.
- Employee on occasion will be required to work at heights well over 6 feet.
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #38961
Email: [email protected]
Questions? Call: 904-357-5543
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer