Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the Lead Embedded Cyber Software Engineer is responsible for leading teams of embedded software developers through all phases of the software development life cycle to develop innovative software components to support C5S, C5 and Cyber Solution Centers.
- Developing and tracking software development schedule, assigning tasking, managing cost accounts.
- Interfacing and coordinating with all engineering development disciplines, project engineering and program management.
- Oversee formal design and test reviews, prepare and present technical briefings, report project status.
- Guide team members on the application of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target hardware.
- Hands-on leadership in the development and evaluation of interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Lead and contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and formal test.
- Develop software test plans and procedures, and other relevant technical documentation.
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, prototype, and evaluate results.
- Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects.
- Utilize a variety of software languages (i.e., C++, C, Java, Python, Assembly) on Windows, Linux, mobile platforms, and embedded real time operating systems (VxWorks, Linux, Integrity, and others for Motorola, Intel, TI, and custom processor designs).
- Object-oriented design and implementation experience, with exposure to software modeling and UML.
- Experience developing device drivers and Board Support Packages for real time embedded systems.
- Experience with cryptography and cryptographic applications, security architecture, multi-level and cross domain security solutions, and certification requirements.
- Hardware / Software Integration experience.
- Experience debugging real time embedded applications.
- Experience with static analysis, code coverage tools, and automated test frameworks.
- Knowledge of network architectures and protocols.
- Knowledge of communication and security related protocols (including but not limited to UDP, TCP, RTP, SRTP, VoIP, X.509 and SSL/TLS).
- Experience developing software using processes compliant with CMMI Level 3 or above.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET clearance, TS/SCI highly desirable.
- 6+ years experience developing software for embedded applications.
- Demonstrated ability leading small to medium sized software development teams through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42729
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.