- Maintenance and repairs to buildings and terminals includes the building structure (interior and exterior), including steel, concrete, paint, windows, ceilings, roofing, furniture, fixtures, air conditioning /heating systems and other mechanical structures and systems such as plumbing, carpentry and electrical, and maintenance of surrounding planted areas and lawns.
- Maintenance and repairs to landings includes the landing general structure, including steel, roadways, timber facings, bumper systems, and other mechanical structures and systems such as plumbing, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Maintenance and repairs to vessels includes the vessel general structure, including steel, paint, windows, and other mechanical structures and systems such as plumbing, propulsion, bilge and ballast, piping, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Starts, operates and checks for safety and maintenance of a wide variety of motorized vehicles, power and hand tools, and other motorized equipment.
- Performs minor maintenance on all equipment assigned to his use.
- Requisitions supplies and materials as needed.
- Performs crowd control operations at the ferry terminals for large passenger events such as carnival season and other festivals
- Performs other duties or assignments as directed by higher ranking personnel, including emergency situations such as weather events
- At least 12 months experience in the building construction trades, building maintenance, vessel maintenance, or maintenance or repair of mechanical equipment. Work as a deckhand on the ferries may serve as a substitute for up to 6 months of the required experience on a month for month basis
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand and power tools and marine equipment
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Regularly required to work at various heights.
- Regularly required to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather and environment conditions.
- Must be able to work with paints and cleaning chemicals safely.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40640
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer