- Fit and Weld metal components together using a variety of welding processes and equipment to fabricate or repair custom heavy duty material handling and marine-related products as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order.
- Practice Work Place Safety
- Use Reference Materials
- Perform layout, cutting and welding tasks on structural metal materials
- Understand Principles of Metallurgy
- Perform Oxy-fuel cutting/welding tasks
- Layout and measure projects
- Perform Gas Metal Arc Welding tasks (GMAW), Flux-Core Arc Welding tasks (FCAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding tasks (SMAW)
- Qualify and maintain certifications for Material Handling Equipment (MHE), welding processes every 90 days
- Operate metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines, such as brakes and shears
Type and Complexity of Work Performed:
- Apply principles of Math (General) – Algebra, Geometry to calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements or work orders
- Demonstrate proper use of precision measurement tools and apply principles of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T)
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations. Read and interpret AWS welding symbols chart
- Layout, position, aligns, and secure parts for welding using straightedges, combination squares, and rulers to the tolerances specified. Prepare a weldment by grinding, butting or cleaning materials to specification
- Control distortion to the tolerances specified
- Maintain cutting and welding tools and consumables
- Perform (SMAW/GMAW/FCAW) flat V groove weld using stringer beads, flat fillet weld using stringer beads, horizontal groove weld, horizontal fillet weld, vertical groove weld (uphill), vertical fillet weld (uphill)
- Experience with Visual Testing (VT) inspections, Dye Penetrant (PT), Magnetic Particle (MT)
- Safe handling of the heating devices used for soldering
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines for manufacturing methods and technique to perform the functions of the job.
- Qualify and maintain certification as a Rigger
- Cross trains and maintains certification across all operations within a work area
- Meet expectations in regards to time, budget, quality and materials needed to perform a work activity
- Demonstrate safe shielded metal arc welding practices: arc ray protection; burn prevention, PPE, electrical shock prevention and general shop care
- Performs a variety of tasks as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of related fabrication experience in a heavy industrial environment utilizing SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW welding process.
- Required High school diploma or GED
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing and available to work overtime as required.
- Ability to pass a Skill Weld Evaluation Test.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and weld symbols.
- Ability to function within the working conditions and physical requirements.
- Drug Free
- Technical School diploma
- Mil-Spec experience
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41467
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer