- Assembles boilers, tanks, vats and pressure vessels according to drawings and specifications, using power tools and hand tools.
- Normal work environment will be shop or field which will require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, working near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.
- Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on foundations using master straightedge, squares, transit and measuring tape and applies knowledge of geometry.
- Precisely aligns structures or plate sections to assemble boiler frames, tanks or vats, using plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs or turnbuckles.
- Hammer, flamecut, file or grind irregular edges of sections or structural parts to facilitate fitting edges together.
- Position drums and headers into supports or bolts or welds supports to the frame.
- Carefully align water tubes and connects and expands ends to drums and headers using tube expanders.
- Leak proof joints are obtained by bell, beading with power hammers or welding pressure vessel tube ends.
- Bolt or weld casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles and such fabricated parts as chutes, air heaters, fan stands, feeding tubes, catwalks, ladders, coal hoppers and safety hatch to frame, using wrench.
- Install boiler manholes, valves, gauges and feedwater connections.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in performing appropriate testing on assembled vessels, etc.
- Craft certification or relevant certification with experience.
- Minimum of 36+ months documented field experience at Helper 3 level in chosen craft discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate directions from craft supervisors, and respond to questions from managers and fellow workers.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must supply own tools appropriate for basic tasks.
- Must pass Craft Test 60%
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screen and background check.
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #39747
Email: [email protected]
2018–2019 Employee Health Benefits
Questions? Call: 904-357-5541
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer