- Removing/Installing high temperature, anti-sweat foam plasic acoustical insulation, finishing cement, calcium silicate, and molded sectional fiberglass cloth.
- Removing/Insulating of portable insulation pads associated with U.S. Naval Surface Ship and Submarine platforms in accordance with the requirements of NAVSEA Standard Item 009-11.
- Possessing knowledge of the different types of insulation and lagging materials for the proper applications in accordance with applicable professional/trade standards and practices in a Shipyard or Marine Industrial written instructions.
- Securing methods like wiring, pasting, and strapping along with having the ability of cutting, shaping, irregular bends for pipe, fittings, valve, and other equipment.
- Select amount and type of insulation to be installed as well as method of securing (e.g. wiring, pasting, strapping, taping) according to shape of surface.
- Knowledge of cutting and shaping irregular bends for pipe and equipment.
- Knowledge of removing/installing calcium silicate, molded sectional, blanket fiberglass and preformed fiberglass.
- Knowledege of the use of various adhesives used in the insulator trade.
- Must be trained in typical trade related tools and instruments.
- Experience with schematics and technical drawings.
- Four (4) years of verifiable experience in an industrial environment i.e., shipbuilding, ship repair, or nuclear power plants.
- Two (2) years of work experience on U.S. Navy ship/vessels.
- Standard maritime training, OSHA 10 hour class.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Must be able to pass a pre employment background and drug screen.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43630
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.