- Develops and implements fire protection programs in accordance with OSHA, NFPA and local Fire Code requirements in an attempt to eliminate personnel injury and/or property damage due to fire and explosion.
- Maintains good working knowledge of building and fire protection codes and regulations to assure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Surveys facilities and buildings to determine potential fire hazards and recommends corrective action.
- Maintains a master list of all fire protection related equipment that requires periodic maintenance, testing, or certification.
- Conducts inspections and coordinates the testing of all fire protection systems and equipment to ensure that in an emergency they will operate and perform to standards.
- Maintains records of all fire protection related equipment maintenance, testing, or certification.
- Reviews documents and plans required for new construction or modification of existing facilities to determine appropriate fire protection related requirements.
- Assists in the investigation of any fire to determine the origin, cause, and any breakdown in the fire protection system or procedure.
- Prepares reports on fire investigations.
- Maintains a working relationship with local Fire Marshal’s office and Sector counterparts within the region.
- Participates in fire fighter and first aid/CPR training.
- 5 Years of Fire Specialist experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #38992
Email: [email protected]
2018–2019 Employee Health Benefits
Questions? Call: 904-357-5543
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer