This position is responsible for supporting mechanics in the accomplishing of production tasks, including the use of small mechanical and hand tools. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
- Comprehend basic instructions and general correspondence.
- Be able to clearly communicate verbally to warn others of fire or other danger.
- Possess the skills required of a Fire Watch.
- Have experience using small power tools and hand tools in a production environment.
- Be able to wear clothing appropriate for the task. No exposed jewelry shall be worn while working. Finger nails shall be short. Long hair shall be worn in pony tail or wrapped for protection and should not interfere with hard hat. Ability to wear PPE, especially respirators.
- Arrive at the designated work site at the assigned time. End the shift as directed by the schedule and your supervisor or mechanic.
- Work shifts and overtime as assigned the supervisor.
- Comply with OSHA standards and contractor’s best safety practices. Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be businesslike and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment.
- If assigned as a fire watch, carry out the duties of a fire watch as delineated in the Fire Watch Labor Category including having a fire watch training card at the work site at all times.
- Keep your work area clean and safe at all times, especially at the end of the shift.
- Warn other personnel of danger, or to evacuate, by verbal or other prearranged method of communication.
- Adhere to all safety rules and good work ethics. Be accountable for completion of work assignments.
- Must be DBIDS eligible.
- Must have current OSHA10 Maritime & FireWatch Certifications
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working on Navy Vessels.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42905
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.