Coordinate, develop, compile, and submit detailed information required to provide complete and comprehensive estimates of all labor, material, and subcontractor costs associated with assigned projects.
This is a seasoned position whose function mentors estimator trainees and less experienced estimators on the analytical assessment of various estimating factors and metrics. The job function regularly exercises discretion and judgment in a matter that is significant to the organization’s likelihood of success in securing contracts
1. Accomplishes ship/site checks to evaluate and document existing conditions relative to anticipated work identified within the specifications or scope of work. Identifying ship systems, interferences, work requirements, processes and materials.
2. Determines trade specific labor hour estimates of work required to meet the requirements of the bid specifications.
3. Reads and interprets bid specifications to identify the scope of work.
4. Reviews and interprets references to include, blueprints, Liaison Action Requests, Technical Manuals, military and commercial material specifications, and standards of construction, to identify materials required to accomplish the intent of the contract specifications.
5. Solicits, reviews, and analyzes Subcontractor and Vendor quotes to assure quoted price, scope and terms comply with schedule and specifications.
6. Uses history to establish and document standard costs, and develops costs for new work where standards and history do not exist.
7. Identifes discrepancies with specifications and references and generate a clear and concise technical question to clarify contract specifications using Microsoft Word.
8. Works to the timeline established by the customer.
9. Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
1. High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. 7 or more years related experience in field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Possess superior knowledge of US Navy Combatant and Non-Combatant Vessels and Crafts.
4. Must possess a courteous, and professional demeanor
5. Must be detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Possess superior knowledge of the arrangement of US Navy vessels, system identification, marine equipment, and to a lesser extent, the operation of marine systems.
7. Possess superior knowledge of and know how to read and interpret specifications. Be able to read and interpret references to include, blueprints, Liaison Action Requests, Technical Manuals, military and commercial material specifications and standards of construction.
8. Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, or other internet search software.
9. Must be able to gain access to military installations.
10. Must pass drug test and background check.
1. Ability to lift 20 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
2. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
This is NOT a physically demanding position and may accommodate most physical disabilities. There may be occasional lifting of office materials or files weighing not more than 20 pounds. Physical dexterity may be required when operating calculators, copiers, computers and/or other typical office equipment.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk;sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/vertical ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position works on the jobsite and in the office. There is exposure to hostile environments, loud noises, hazardous chemicals/fumes and airborne particles, smoke, extreme temperatures moving mechanical parts: high, precarious places.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41940
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.