- A Journeyman Electrician is required to work onboard various naval vessels accomplishing repairs, alterations and installation as directed by work specifications, blueprints and drawings.
- Climbing Ladders at various angles of inclination from 45 degrees to 90 degrees into trunks, voids, masts, decks and overheads throughout the ship to accomplish the required work.
- Lifting and lowering electrical and electronic equipment up to 50 pounds for the removal, relocation and installation to various locations and decks throughout the ship. Equipment is located on bulkheads, overheads and under decks throughout the ship requiring constant climbing and standing.
- Removing, relocating and installing electrical cable of various size and weights in overheads, under decks, up masts, through trunks and voids requiring constant pulling, climbing up and down ladders.
- Electrically disconnecting and connecting the equipment required by the various drawings. This requires constant standing, kneeling and working off ladders to complete this work.
- Workers in this position must have the ability to properly wear required personal protective equipment, when necessary, i.e., hard hat, safety glasses, safety-toe shoes, respirator, hearing protection and hand protection in order to protect themselves for health and physical hazards that cannot be eliminated through either engineering or administrative controls.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess certification as a Fire Watch in accordance with Standard Item 009-07.
- Must have a understanding of typical vessel layout.
- Able to properly lift, carry and place material and equipment up to fifty (50) pounds as instructed.
- Ability to communicate clearly to supervisors on issues involving assigned work task.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40850
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer