- Assists Journeyman/1st Class or Improver/2nd Class electricians with the installation, repair, and hook-up of equipment for electrical services on a ship.
- Must be DBIDs eligible and must have OSHA 10.
- Must have 2+ years shipyard experience, working on naval vessels.
- Must be available to work any schedule as required.
- Must have prior U.S. Navy PMS (Planned Maintenance System) experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, electrical diagrams, computer printouts, specifications, and Navy standards manual.
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information such as conditions found to the journeyman/1st Class electrician or Improver/2nd Class electrician.
- Must be aware of Ohms law and its application.
- Understand appropriate sections of IEE, ABS, Coast Guard and manufacturer’s tech manuals and ship’s information book regarding electrical equipment.
- Must have a basic understanding of equipment and work processes used in marine electrical repair and system installation, especially as related to safety.
- Must be familiar with safety procedures pertaining to electrical procedures or have the ability to ask for safety information before working on electrical equipment.
- Must be able to operate and care for Electric Shop equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must understand US standard and metric system measurements.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42969
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.