- The Electricians are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safely, with the highest quality and in a professional manner.
- Must be able to use basic tools and test equipment.
- Must be able to follow directions from the lead Mechanic.
- Must be able to accomplish an electrical motor test.
- Must be able to identify electrical components inside a controller.
- Must be able to identify the different types of cable used to be an Electrician.
- Must be able to distinguish color code phasing (orange, brown, yellow, black, white and red).
- Must be able to pass a Standard Jaeger’s Test chart for near vision acuity reading J1 letters or equivalent with or without corrective aids and pass a color vision test using Ishihara’s Tests for Color Deficiency.
- This position reports to shop supervisor.
- This position develops and maintains a positive working relationship with other Electricians and supports a team approach in the pursuit of common company goals..
- Assures that tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met. (Example: ventilation, lighting, safety equipment etc.).
- Assures that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written. (Example: fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.).
- Assures that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Assures that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work-related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc).
- Assures that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do (Example: JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical/mechanical repairs and etc.).
- Assures that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
- Assures that a 30 minute cool down period has been accomplished in hot work areas.
- Assures that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
- Responsible for effective, efficient and safe accomplishment of all assigned tasks.
- Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job.
- Occasional weekend work and / or extended hours.
Ameri-Force is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40230
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer