- Ensures that work is accomplished in a safe manner, and that a quality product is delivered on schedule with the assigned project budget
- Oversees the performance, direction and mentorship of Lead Mechanic Supervisors in the fabrication shop.
- Assists project managers in properly planning and executing their projects by monitoring project and metrics, schedules, as related to production efforts, and giving appropriate feedback when required.
- Communicates with project managers on a daily basis to discuss and resolve project and/or support issues
- Reviews project manager and planner phased manning plans to ensure they are in alignment with the assigned labor budget and that adequate manning is available to accomplish the work contracted.
- During quoting process, ensures project managers and estimators are being supported to effectively formalize the statement of work, set up the project, and develop competitive cost estimates
- Analyzes project manager planning timetables (PMPTTS) for upcoming projects to ensure the project team will have proper manning, tools, specification, schedules, material and worksite accessibility needed to be successful
- Works with customers and stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure the Project Manager and customer are in alignment with expectations
- During the planning and execution phases, works closely with the cognizant Project Manager to ensure budget metrics are established and fiscal goals are understood and met
- Assist in maintaining the Master Planning Matrix for all production work
- Performs site visits to ensure we are operating to our ethics and core belief, perform safety observations and manage/schedule training as required
- Work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Well versed in all technical aspects of structural steel detailing
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- Must have regular, reliable attendance
- Possess 10 or more years production related experience in heavy steel fabrication or shipyard industry background as a production Zone Manager/General Foreman at a Naval or commercial shipyard, or intermediate/depot-level maintenance experience in the military would be considered
- B.S. in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering. 4 year technical school program graduate or related degree preferred.
- Previous project management experience and proven ability to meet quality, schedule and budget goals are strongly preferred.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing a plus
- Understands the manufacturing process and materials for steel fabrication industry
- Able to analyze blueprints, specifications, scope of work and other documentation.
- Strong analytical, personnel management and communication skills are necessary
- Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40806
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer