Under the general direction of the Electronic Systems Group Lead, the Electronics Engineer and the electrical engineering team designs and develops systems used in underwater sonar. The work pertains primarily to development of custom hardware and embedded firmware and software used in data acquisition and power distribution electronic assemblies that reside in underwater environments.
- Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide electrical and computer engineering solutions including: schematic capture, PCB/PWB design, embedded C/C++ software design, and FGPA design (VHDL preferred).
- Work in a laboratory environment integrating electronics. Familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, DC power supplies, and thermal chambers.
- Support documentation, verification, and validation used in producing, evaluating, testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
- Perform technical review, design analysis, development and selection of hardware components.
- Modify existing hardware and software for obsolescence updates and bug fixes.
- Ensure that assigned project tasks are completed, meet established technical and schedule requirements and comply with company’s quality system procedures. Identify and report quality problems in the assigned areas and recommend corrective action and/or alternative solutions to correct abnormal problems or trends that could jeopardize achievement of cost or schedule objectives.
- Prepare design review material in support of SRR, PDR, CDR, FDR and technical audits for assigned designs.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- US Government Secret security clearance or ability to obtain clearance required
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytic and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering plans and specifications. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Effective human relation skills are essential.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers operating computer equipment and other office equipment.
- Employee occasionally stands and/or walks to go into meetings or for discussions with other administrative / office personnel.
- Employee occasionally reaches with hands and arms in moving tools equipment and/or products as needed.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
- Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
- Travel may be required for several days with notice via auto/air.
- Testing aboard ship may be required from time to time.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances, knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in custom hardware development preferred, not required.
- VHDL utilizing Xilinx and Microsemi tool chains along with familiarity in C/C++ for microcontrollers and SoC implementations
- Familiarity with high speed data transmission protocols (Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe)5. Understanding of spectral analysis parameters and digital signal processing for data acquisition systems preferred.
- Git or similar version control system
Certifications and Licenses Required:
- Valid state driver’s license.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42722
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.