This key role will participate in a large-scale application development effort, ensuring that processes and services meet the standards and protocols necessary to ensure data quality, consistency, and interoperability. The Data Architect will work across multiple teams and stakeholders to define and/or document the rules, standards, models and other architectural artifacts governing the collection, transformation, use, and management of data across the program.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for designing, architecting, analyzing and implementing data integration frameworks and reporting, as well as assisting with defining application components and common business functions.
- Establish standards and best practices for architecting and modeling data structures across a complex, multi-application environment.
- Serve as the primary lead for establishing and enforcing data standards across the team, providing directions to functional teams in the completion of their solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverables and ensuring on-time delivery of solutions that meet project expectations.
- Work with complex data architecture considerations, such as the handling of slowly changing dimensions.
- Facilitate metadata definition and the design of the data vocabulary and taxonomy, ensuring all data attributes and entities are cataloged and appropriately accessible.
- Lead the development and enforcement of Data Governance standards, policies, and procedures, as well as establishing patterns for managing data services within a SOA environment. The role will also be responsible for working with our DBAs and data team on the continual analysis of data obtained from outside sources, used to populate our mission-critical applications. The ideal candidate offers a proven track-record of working closely with project teams to define a data strategy and to provide leadership in designing and implementing the data architecture using both structured and unstructured data. Experience will include playing the lead role in the gathering, review, interpretation of functional requirements and translating these into data requirements, as well as managing relationships with the business users and application stakeholders that ensured optimal use of data assets. Other experience should demonstrate superior problem-solving expertise, including the formulation and testing of hypothesis, and the complex analysis of data, as well as working closely with the DBAs to design and document physical database architecture, performing database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Minimum of BS in Computer Science or comparable technical field plus 10+ years of directly related work experience
- Fluency in traditional database principals and functions, including SQL, cardinality, levels of granularity, normalized vs de-normalized, auditing, and optimization techniques
- Experience in implementing the physical and technical security and privacy involved in protecting Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Proficiency of industry standard data modeling tools (such as ErWin) and applying industry best practices, and techniques to design and develop relational and dimensional data models (conceptual, logical and physical) as well as data models, data flow diagrams, CRUD diagrams and specifications for data integrity and referential integrity.
- Experience designing and/or building CRUD operations using JSON and/or XML services, as well as data transformation and validation services via XSLT and XQuery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42287
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.