- Responsible for procurement of semi complex high-dollar, Subcontractor services and materials which may have long lead times, and other procurements as assigned.
- Assist in planning and coordinating facility surveys to determine Subcontractor’s ability to perform repair work. Obtain reviews, concurrence, and approvals as required by the Purchasing Manual.
- Validate subcontracts and rental requisitions against contract and project specifications with in-depth technical understanding of the statement of work and required subcontractor or leasing company qualifications.
- Ensure subcontract agreements clearly specify all pertinent technical requirements and invoke all relevant contract clauses, terms, and conditions.
- Perform price analysis and negotiation of subcontractor and leasing company proposals.
- Maintain exceptionally close liaison between Subcontractors, Suppliers and Program Managers, and Material Control for resolution of performance problems, and to ensure timely receipt of a satisfactory product/services.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Typically has a BA/BS in a related field, or AA/AS plus two (2) years’ directly related experience, or six (6) years’ directly related experience.
- A ship repair approach, organization, procedures and material requirements.
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Contract law principles and their application to ship repair environment.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure of time deadlines.
- Health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Negotiating semi-complex, high-dollar, and/or custom Subcontractor service and material procurements.
- Maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and sound judgment.
- Document preparation including special reports and presentations.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent business math and verbal and written communication skills.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43040
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.