- Responsible for design calculations and drawing development as assigned by the Chief Department Engineer.
- Responsible for checking calculations done by Engineers I and Engineers II
- Complies with company’s employee handbook general guidelines, company procedures and policies.
- Minimum Seven years of shipyard design and contruction experience or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
- Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
- Thorough knowledge of ship and propulsion systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, GL, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
- Experience in the construction of high speed aluminum vessels.
- Knowledge of modular construction methods.
- Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels.
- Knowledge of shock design.
- Knowledge of FEA methods.
- Knowledge of composite shafting.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40866
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.