- Assist in surface preparation, mixing of paint and solvent, application of coating, striping, and clean up.
- Position requires willingness to learn, and the ability to follow directions concerning painting in the marine industry.
- May be required to perform additional duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor for the completion of the job in a safe and timely manner.
- Assist in making certain surfaces are prepared for coating according to paint manufacturers’ specifications; assist in painting surfaces using approved methods, as well as striping tanks in a productive and timely manner; assist in mixing paint or solvents as directed; complete work with supervision of painter; must be willing to learn OSHA requirements relative to the shipbuilding industry; must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations; accurately operate, clean, and maintain all equipment under supervision of painter; properly store equipment; dispose of empty paint and solvent cans appropriately; properly store and take appropriate precautions for paint and solvents as directed by painter; assist in estimating and checking mil thickness being applied; assist sprayers in pulling lines; must be able to correctly and promptly follow directions. May be required to perform additional duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor for the completion of the job in a safe and timely manner.
- Ability to take direction required. Must be able to work cooperatively and productively with other employees and shipyard personnel.
- Regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, or crawl; occasionally required to sit; required to reach with hands and arms, use hands to feel, grip, or handle; regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
- May be required to wear a respirator to safely perform assigned tasks.
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screen and background check
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42094
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.