- Accomplish production welding aboard ship vessels and Fabrication shop.
- Components to weld include but are not limited to structural parts, deck plates, bulkheads and foundations using Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding Pulse (GMAW-P) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) processes.
- Candidates may be required to travel to different sites or Naval Bases.
- Must be highly skilled and experienced in 5XXX aluminum process, to include PCP work.
- Ability to accomplish welding processes aboard vessels and shipboard environments.
- Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently.
- Must be able to understand, read and interpret welding symbols based on the requirements of Military Standard 22-D and have working experience with Military Standard 1689, DM 10-623B and CG-47 Crack Repair Manual.
- Ability to cross-craft between ship fitting and welding.
- Ability to interpret and understand NAVSEA drawings/blueprints.
- Must possess basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces and have the ability to climb staircases and ladders of varying sizes.
- Must be able to carry personal tool bag weighing anywhere from 20-30 lbs.
- Must be able to obtain DBIDS credential/Government clearance to enter NAVSTA and Navy Vessels.
- Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen and background check.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42016
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.