- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired.
- The individual must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow directions. The individual must possess experience in the trade and knowledge of ship terminology. The individual must demonstrate ability to interpret job specifications and perform work on marine vessels.
- Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision. Also, must be willing to develop other team members’ skill level.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Read and interpret basic drawings and weld symbols.
- Pass weld test for all company weld procedures in the required positions.
- Ability to work to company welding standards.
- Work to company housekeeping procedure.
- Inspection of work, identification of potential problems, initiation of corrective actions.
- Increase awareness of quality procedures within department.
- Perform as a productive working team member that meets daily goals set by the supervisor.
- Continuously improve communications and flexibility within the team.
- Help build the team environment.
- Build pride of workmanship and quality through on job training.
- Contribute towards innovation / productivity improvements.
- Assist in the control of waste elimination, e.g. materials, consumables etc.
- Assist supervisor to maintain control of department equipment and its maintenance.
- Must have full set of personal tools.
- Work towards the team goal of delivering the vessel on time.
- Always be ready to start shift on time.
- Follow company guidelines and procedures.
- Do not leave job early or return late from break times.
- Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of related experience with the most recent 3 years being in a shipyard.
- Ability to pass “A Class” skills validation test to demonstrate welding ability for restricted open root welds.
- Ability to successfully complete onboarding procedures in preparation to pass weld qualification test requirements to meet contract requirements for A Class Structural Aluminum welding on the vessel.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and measure using the metric system.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems that may arise in certain situations.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42054
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.