- Performs basic layout and Fit up of plates with minimal supervision.
- Performs shipfitting functions such as but not limited to fit up of structure, cutting, sniping, sanding, grinding, prepping, tacking and welding.
- 3+ years experience in a shipyard
- Must be able to pass a written and hands on SF test
- Read blue print proficiency
- Must have experience with Aluminum
- Pass an aluminum fillet weld test
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Aluminum Ship Fitter.
- Must demonstrate ability to interpret job specifications and perform work on marine vessels.
- Knowledge of equipment, work processes and techniques used in measuring, and fitting of components, modules and vessels.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and measure using the metric system.
- Knowledge of shipyard terminology such as general ship structure and vessel layout.
- Original Birth Certificate or Pass Port / US Citizenship is required
- Pass pre-employment drug test and 7 year background check
- Over-time is offered up to 60 hours per week
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42301
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.