Summary/General Description of Jobs :
- Candidate applies appropriate experience in the modification, repair, assembly and installation of various ship systems and machinery for both surface ship and submarine installation and repairs.
- Qualified candidate will responsible for fixing, servicing, aligning, setting up and testing machines, equipment and devices that operate on a mechanical and electro mechanical basis. This may include various top side gear such as Anchor Windlasses, Replenishing Gear, Boat Davits, Cranes, Inner and outer shell doors and vent plenums. Overhaul of various style pumps and valves, various engine room drive shaft components including turbines and reduction gears
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors
- Work hours are subject to change, with overtime work as required
- Subject to hazards that may cause personal bodily harm; diseases, cuts, bruises, burns, common colds, influenza, dust odors and elevated noise levels
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job, including but not limited to frequent sitting, standing, walking, frequent stooping, kneeling, bending and crouching.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and occasionally up to 75lbs.
Authorities and Limitations of Authority :
- Responsible for making decisions relative to project assigned.
Job Requirements, Required :
- 5 to 10 years experience as an outside machinist with strong HM&E knowledge of ship and submarine mechanical and electro-mechanical systems
- Must have knowledge in, tools and principles involved in repair and installation of equipment and systems and ability to understand and interrupt technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Must be able to study and comprehend blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence operations, and set up requirements.
- Must be able to use all tools of the trade in order to perform outside machinist work to include, dial calipers, calipers, rulers, micrometers, and stack height gages.
Job Requirements, Preferred :
- High School Graduate
- Shipyard Apprentice Experience or Military Specialty School Training a plus
- DOD Security Clearance up to Secret or the ability to obtain and maintain one.
- Hull Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) background preferred.
- Current EPA HFC Certification
*Offers of employment are contingent on and not considered finalized until the required background check and drug test has been performed and the results received and accessed.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40594
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer