Summary/General Description of Jobs:
- Candidate applies appropriate processes to layout-reference points and dimensions on sheets, plates, tubes, and structural shapes for fabricating, welding and assembling into structural metal products.
- Plans develops and layout as outlined in blueprints and templates, applying trigonometry, product design, effects of heat and allowance for curvature and thickness of metal.
- Work Package review and compliance
- Manage procurement of materials, subcontractors and equipment needed for the awarded contract
- Coordinate with Production Manager to ensure projects are run efficiently, profitably and on schedule
- Coordinate shop drawing process (detailer, AutoCAD department & customer drawings)
- Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
- Maneuver completed units into position for installation and anchor the units.
- Convert blueprints into shop drawings to be followed in the construction and assembly of sheet metal products.
- Install assemblies, such as flashing, pipes, tubes, heating and air conditioning ducts, furnace casings.
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material, according to product specifications.
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, and bonds in order to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, and drills.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces, seams, and joints of assembled parts, using hand tools and portable power tools
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Overseas the development opportunities to increase job skills and capabilities.
- Pursues professional development opportunities to increase job skills
- Compiling a detailed schedule of activities, including pre-fabrication, fabrication, assembly, integration and test.
- Must have a strong math background in geometry, algebra and trigonometry and be able to perform and interrupt calculations associated with metal fabrication and production.
- Calculating and presenting the requirements in detail needed to deliver the production plan, covering labor, equipment and materials and then gaining plan acceptance from the relevant departmental managers.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outdoors work is subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions
- Work hours are subject to change, with overtime work as required
- Subject to hazards that may cause personal bodily harm; diseases, cuts, bruises, burns, common colds, influenza, dust odors and elevated noise levels
Authorities and Limitations of Authority:
- Responsible for making decisions relative to project assigned.
Job Requirements, Required:
- Master Sheet Metal Tradesmen with in depth knowledge and experience in planning, layout, cutting, fitting, assembly
- Use mathematics to solve problems.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Teaching others how to do something.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distr
- Quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Perform Sheet metal layout and triangulation
- Strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Strong background in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Community College diploma or Technical Center Training
- Military Specialty School Training
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40767
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer