- Should have knowledge of welding on different types of base metals (HY-80 & HY-100).
- Know the different wire and gas combinations.
- Should be proficient in using SMAW, GMAW and FCAW welding process.
- Quality of weld should be acceptable for N.D.T. should be able to weld steel, aluminum, copper nickel, stainless steel.
- Should be able to read weld gauges.
- Should be able to use hand tools.
- Some guidance from supervision will be needed.
- Must know standard item 1689 and the guide lines of 5 S.
- Must have 5 years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a Sheet Metal Welder.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Sheet Metal Welding techniques.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE may include hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
- Must be DBIDS eligible (pass a 7 year background check for military base access).
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43471
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.