- Learn the correct equipment and lifting devices that will bear heavy loads
- Select the right tools that will enable Rigger to move and position heavy objects in a safe and efficient manner.
- Possess working knowledge of weight testing IAW specified Tech manuals for equipment such as Cranes, Davits, Winches, Anchors, and anchor chains, etc within safety guidelines
- Controls movement of heavy objects/equipment through narrow openings and confined spaces, using jacks, pulley blocks, chain falls, and rollers
- Installs hooks, swivels, and turn buckles in rigging
- Signals workers operating cranes or other equipment to move load
- Selects and attaches gear, braces and cushions according to weight and distribution of load
- Controls costs in assigned area of responsibility and recommend to management improved methods of operation that could result in cost savings for the department and company
- Train and supervise lower level mechanics and semi-skilled employees
- Responsible for knowing and understanding company policy
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- 5 – 10 years’ rigging experience required.
- No less than 5 years’ experience for 2nd class riggers
- Must have knowledge of chain fall/strap loading.
- Must be able to rig large loads safely.
- Underwater Hull propulsion rigging (rudders, propellers, fin stabilizers, shafts, etc.)
- Knowledge of ship’s structure, anchor chains and associated equipment, staging construction, cranes and their capacities/chart, ship’s mooring, etc.
- Candidate should be able to climb and have no fears of elevated heights.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and US Citizenship due to working at specific locations.
- Knowledge of underwater hull rigging of shafting, propellers, rudders, etc. is preferred.
- Previous shipyard experience is preferred.
- List of needed applicable tools will be discussed
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screen and background check.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40105
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer