Summary/General Description of Jobs:
- Candidate applies craft for layout, fit up. Installs and maintains piping systems on board ships, and submarines such as steam, heat, power, hydraulics, compressed air, sea water, freshwater and chilled water systems.
- Welds various pipe items to support on-site installations, fits and assembles parts into complete assembly and verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Participates as a team member on assignments for segments of a major project.
- Interprets sketches and drawings to develop specifications for product to be fabricated or installed.
- Keeps Production Manager or Team Leader advised of overtime hours needed to achieve schedule.
- Conducts periodic spot checks for quality assurance on finished product.
- Reads blueprints and engineering sketches to insure correct placements and measurements of assembly and welds.
- Creates jigs and fixtures to increase quality and production.
- Performs related duties as required.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Must possess knowledge and experience in planning layout of piping systems following blue prints allowing for conformance to specifications, holes, and obstructions.
- Ability to measure cut and bore holes in bulkheads and decks for installation of piping.
- Strong procedural knowledge of pipe bending and shaping, and knowledgeable in operating shop machines to cut and thread pipe and pipe fittings.
- Ability to test installed systems utilizing hydrostatic or other comparable pressure testing means for system integrity after repairs or installation.
- Thorough knowledge of types of piping materials to be utilized for installations based on drawing or blue prints.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outdoors work is subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions.
- Work hours are subject to change, with overtime work as required.
- Subject to hazards that may cause personal bodily harm; diseases, cuts, bruises, burns, common colds, influenza, dust odors and elevated noise levels.
Authorities and Limitations of Authority:
- Responsible for making decisions relative to project assigned.
- Journeymen pipe fitter with in depth knowledge and experience in planning, layout, cutting, fitting, assembly and pipe welding.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Perform piping layout and triangulation.
- Strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Strong background in arithmetic and their applications as it applies to craft.
- Knowledge and understanding of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42515
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.