- Read and interpret blue prints/sketches and install all piping systems with limited supervision.
- Perform shop prefab on piping systems using sketches/templates developed from blue prints and ship check.
- Know and understands tag out procedures for piping systems using sketches templates developed from blue prints prior to working on ships’ piping system. Be able to understand tagging out of systems safe for work IAW work authorization form (WAF).
- Knowledgeable on pipe bending and able to bend piping manually or by machine (excluding mandrel type) using templates and sketches and packing pipe where required to avoid contortion.
- Knowledge of P-1 and Level I piping systems.
- Ability to hydrostatic test piping systems using approved hydro procedures.
- Ability to fit and install mechanically attached fittings.
- Ability to thread piping and to tap holes to proper sizes.
- Ability to prep piping for welding using grinders or beveling machines and know/understand different types of bevels. Fit/install backing rings, E.B rings.
- Install pipe hangers/supports IAW applicable hanger drawings.
- Knowledge of various types of pipe and fitting materials and the proper material application in regards to piping system requirements. Knowledge of MIL-STD-777 (the various types of pipe and fitting material and the proper material application in regards to piping system requirements.)
- Knowledge of various types of pipe and fitting materials and the proper material application in regards to piping system requirements.
- Ability to properly fit flanged joints to include proper gaskets and fasteners.
- Knowledge of hot work.
- Ability to set up and perform hot water flushing on sil-braze piping systems.
- Be able to sil-braze. (Grade 3)
- Must have OSHA and haveDBIDS.
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screen and background check.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42067
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.