- Ability to apply basic machine shop math
- Demonstrates layout proficiency
- Disassembles various types of equipment and machinery common to maritime vessels and/or general industry including but not limited to pumps, valves, winches, gear boxes
- Assists in determining repairs and required to bring equipment to rebuilt status
- Proficient at setup and operation of drill presses
- Applies knowledge of materials including but not limited to bronze, brass, steel (mild and heat-treated), and stainless steels in fabrication and repairs
- Responsible for the application and care of all standard shop measuring and hand tools
- Properly cares for and safely uses hand and power tools and all company property
- Works with other crafts
- Overhaul, maintenance, testing of pumps, valves, turbines, condensers, shafts, rudders, winches
- Lays out passage holes on bulkheads, decks, and other surfaces for connections, such as shafting and steam lines
- Installs below deck auxiliaries, such as evaporators, stills, heaters, pumps, condensers, and boilers and connects them to steam pipe systems
- Remove, repair, modify or overhaul various types of marine shipboard equipment and system such as valves, pumps, hydraulics, turbines, reduction gears, generators, anchor windlass and steering gears
- Set up and operate portable machining tools and equipment
- Troubleshooting and repairing a variety of mechanical equipment may include ANSI pumps, various types of compressors, blowers, fans, gearboxes, extruders, mixers, agitators, and blenders
- Understand and act upon instruction
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must possess 3-5 or more years experience as a marine outside machinist.
- Dry dock experience on shafts, rudders, stabilizers, and propellers is preferred.
- Able to dissemble, repair, and install various types of equipment and machinery such as pumps, valves, winches, and gear boxes.
- Capable of reading and interpreting blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Must have own tools
- Ability to work at heights, in confined spaces and observe ships working protocol.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42107
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.