- Comprehend blueprints, 3d models, sketches and templates.
- Laying out blueprints, checking and fitting materials, tack welding various sub-assemblies peculiar to the panel line and shell area such as deck, bulkheads, and side shells. Also; checking and fitting materials, tack welding and welding of small assemblies, steel foundations, and outfitting components.
- Effective and efficient sequencing of assembly and fitting/welding.
- Correct use of heating torches in plate heat straightening and shrinkage.
- Tack weld with Carbon, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Shop and field fabrication preferred.
- Strict adherence to industry codes, regulations and specifications.
- Tack and finish welding.
- Read and understand the Chemist and Competent Persons reports and determine if job sites, particularly those involving combustible materials, are safe for personnel and hot work.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment- hard hat/face shield/welding shield, ear protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes and, when necessary, respirator.
- Work both independently and with a team to complete responsibilities.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance.
- Use of piano wire and chalk lines for layout.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with fabrication based fitting and welding
- Technical training preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with fitting and welding
- Must be able to work effectively within a team and individual setting
- Enter and move through manholes and to reach work internally confined spaces
- Must be a steady, reliable worker
- Must be able pass weld and tack tests in positions 2, 3 and 4.
- Must have working knowledge with the following codes, regulations and specifications: AWS Codes including D1.1 at a minimum.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41705
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.